Monday, February 18, 2013

Needs to be Said

Along with my terrible addiction to reality TV, I also enjoy talent based shows such as American Idol, The Voice, XFactor & even Americas Got Talent. It amazes me each year how much new talent appears at auditions and you become a fan of another great Star in the making. That being said, these shows are also becoming known for allowing "ratings talent" to steal the spots of true up and coming artists. These are the people that somehow make it through all the vigorous prejudging & make their way to the celebrity judges. In some cases, these same talentless individuals even make it to the next level in the competition which is supposed to be for people that actually have TALENT!

American Idol this year has become a circus of individuals that CLEARLY are just unique by appearance alone and in fact couldn't hold an actual musical note even if they were lip sincing a well known artists track in the background. Now I'm all for a good laugh but PLEASE, let's get real, these shows are for TALENT not people who are talented in their own minds only. I don't want to name names but there are at least a minimum of 20+ guys/gals in the first cut of American Idol who didn't at all deserve to be there in the first place. If you want a show for TRUE VOCALISTS then PLEASE DO SO don't allow tone, pitch and musically deaf individuals take the place of TRUE UP AND COMING TALENT.

The Voice chair rounds seem to be a bit more picky which I like but I now know two individuals personally that have TREMENDOUS TALENT yet were unable to get past all the pre screening judges in order to advance to that level. Some less qualified vocalists got through to that all important next step & all I can attribute that too is shows such as the Voice, American Idol & XFactor are looking for moldable talent that they can use as their money making puppets until they become big enough to escape the ties and become their own artist.

Both American Idol & The Voice have prevented the world from meeting one of the most talented vocalist I've met in my life, Gaetano. He is easily found on Twitter @g_got_soul or you can truly enjoy his music at www,reverbnation.com/officialgmusic or www.YouTube.com/officialgmusic either way even if he isn't your favorite genre of music just take a moment, close your eyes and listen. You will hear a TRUE VOCALIST. I can't stress enough how talented G is yet he keeps getting cut from shows supposedly designed to help individuals like himself, this I just don't get! I think its time the producers of these shows get their acts together and let the REAL talent go through instead of the weak toneless singers.

I'd like to truly challenge the TV judging world to convince me that Gaetano isn't an up and coming vocal artist who doesn't deserve world class recognition. This means the following individuals: Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, Ceelo Green, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine these are the only judges I feel that I take seriously, the ones who are REALLY INTERESTED IN TRUE TALENT! Take a moment gentleman to go to one of Gaetano's links and you listen for yourself I am sure that you will hear the Star quality in Gaetanos voice and realize that he needs to be heard on a world platform.

In closing I'd like to say that when I'm passionate about something, I am relentless in trying to get my opinion heard. I ONLY get this way when I truly feel what I'm fighting for is 100% valid. Truly listen to Gaetano and you'll see what I mean. Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment